Virtually no one enters into marriage thinking that they will eventually have to divorce. In fact, most of us jump in feet first to a marriage. Yet, for many different reasons, many couples find that something changes, they are not compatible or it is time to go their separate ways. Divorce is hard, there is no way around it. We put our hope into our spouse and into our marriage and realizing that this relationship is not going to work evokes sadness, disappointment, grief and sometimes anger. Divorce mediation is one way to navigate the difficult divorce process that offers a path through divorce that is manageable and does not cost a fortune. Lesa Koski works with couples in the area to settle important aspects of divorce.
Should I Try Divorce Mediation?
Divorce mediation empowers the two divorcing parties to solve the difficult aspects of a divorce including division of property (including your assets and debts), creation of a parenting plan (also known as a custody agreement) and determination of whether child support and/or spousal support is necessary. The trained mediator does not make decisions about these issues — instead, your mediator will help facilitate a positive and productive discussion so that you can arrive at a solution that works best for your family. Divorce mediation has many additional benefits over a traditional court battle as well.
Divorce Mediation vs Traditional Courtroom Divorce
- Litigation actually increases the conflict between the two parties and meditation can reduce it.
- A court battle is significantly more expensive than mediation.
- Mediation takes less time than the court process, allowing you and your family to move forward more quickly.
- Mediation sets a positive tone for future negotiations which can be extremely important for couples who share children and will need to be able to co-parent after divorce is final.
- Mediation is more convenient and flexible – you are able to set the times of your mediation sessions and come up with solutions that are more creative and tailored to your unique situation.
Local Wisconsin Divorce Mediator
Lesa Koski is a leading divorce mediator in the area. She brings strong compassion, strong communication skills as well as extensive experience in the area of family law. She can help you and your family navigate the divorce process so that you and your family can begin to heal and move forward with a new life. Lesa believes that mediation can bring the peace your are looking for. For more information about Lesa Koski’s divorce mediation services, call her at 651-214-5057.