Mediation is a process used to help facilitate a solution to an issue when opinions differ. Many issues can be solved using a neutral party who helps the parties involved discuss all aspects of a situation and find common ground. A family mediator focuses specifically on finding solutions that come up within families and often times these issues are tied to separation, divorce, child custody, child or spousal support or division of assets/debts. Lesa Koski is a trusted mediator in Bayport, MN with more than a decade of experience working with families all over the area to get through your divorce with as little pain and stress as possible. Lesa focuses on building strong communication and trust and working toward compromise with each family member to help the family come to an agreement on the issues at hand.
Benefits Of Family Mediation
Mediation can be helpful during any part of the separation or divorce process, but is generally most effective the earlier in the process it can begin. Here is some other general information about the benefits of family mediation that might help you decide to give it a try if you are considering it as an option for your family.
1. Less expensive – Mediation is less expensive and takes less time than proceeding through the traditional court system if you are ready to move forward with a divorce.
2. Flexibility – Mediation is flexible and can cover topics naturally, as they come up in your unique situation rather than as the court has time for your case.
3. Less stressful – Mediation is often much less stressful than a court battle. You and your ex-spouse are able to maintain some measure of control instead of relinquishing it to a judge. This will help you stay calmer and more relaxed during the process, which ultimately leads to more positive outcomes.
4. Protect your family – Most often, mediation protects families. Rather than get caught up in an emotional and difficult court battle, mediation promotes discussion in a more relaxed environment and your mediator will actively find areas where you and your ex-spouse can compromise. This models positive behavior for your children and often fosters a co-parenting approach which is extremely beneficial to the children.
5. Beneficial for everyone – Mediation can include different combinations of individuals at different times in the process. A neutral third party is always present, but you can also choose to involve your attorneys or other professionals who are involved when necessary and helpful.
Family Mediator Bayport
Lesa Koski brings a kindness and compassion to family mediation, believing that the combination of trust, communication and compromise can help facilitate a divorce with less stress and pain. If you would like to talk to Lesa about her family mediation services, call 651-214-5057 or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.