Mediation is an excellent way to solve many types of conflict, especially between loved ones or family members. When emotions run high, it is easy to dig in our position and have trouble seeing the perspective of the other party. Mediation offers an open, confidential and supportive environment to resolve difficult issues. Lesa Koski is a family lawyer who is also a trained and experienced mediator. She has spent her career serving Woodbury, Stillwater and Hudson, MN areas. The court system is simply not set up to litigate all of the cases in the area of family and elder law, so mediation offers you an efficient and cost-effective way to resolve the issues most important to you.
Mediation Services in Woodbury, Stillwater & Hudson
Lesa offers a wide variety of mediation services, including:
- Divorce mediation: Divorce mediation can settle important issues such as division of joint property, assets and debts, child custody, parenting time and child and spousal support. It is important to understand that as your mediator, Lesa Koski, will not make decisions for you and your soon to be ex-spouse. Instead, she will provide you with an open and cooperative environment to discuss the important remaining issues so that you and your family can move forward with your life in the most peaceful and stress-free way possible.
- Co-mediation: There are instances in which it is helpful to have two mediators work with a couple to settle their divorce. Different mediators bring strengths and weaknesses and Lesa Koski has worked with many mediators in the Woodbury, Stillwater and Hudson areas.
- Post-divorce mediation: If you share children, there will be many issues to tackle even after your divorce is final. Working with a mediator can help you avoid going to court to make changes to a child custody agreement or child support payments.
- Civil mediation: Civil mediation allows you to settle disputes that are not related to family without costly litigation. Civil mediation can be completed quickly, allowing you to find resolution and move forward.
- Mediation for issues related to elder care: Family mediation can encompass other issues than divorce. There are times when family members disagree on what is best for an aging family member and mediation can help you resolve these issues in a fair and balanced way.
Lesa Koski is an experienced mediator serving Woodbury, Stillwater and Hudson, MN. She brings compassion, knowledge of Minnesota law and more than a decade of experience working with couples just like you. Lesa can resolve difficult issues in a way that makes sense and works for all involved. For more information or to schedule a time to talk to Lesa, call her directly at 651-214-5057.